I know I know
I know, I said that I would share my latest WIP over the next few WEEKS, but I'm so excited that today with be a SPECIAL sabbath snippet!
So let's get right into snippet two of Pine Lake!
Moriah woke up first. She, Ivery, and Anne had taken the couch, curled up on it, and talked about boys until they fell asleep. Alexia had taken the rocking chair in front of the TV and had fallen asleep to the drone of it. Addison had taken the bean bag chair in the corner of the room.
Moriah noticed that the blanket Ivery was using was falling from her shoulders, so she picked up the blanket and gently placed it over her friend. Then she glanced over to the corner of the room where Addison sat. She held her notebook on her legs, and her fingers were wrapped around a pencil.
“Hey Ad’s, did you sleep at all?”
A confused look grazed Moriah’s face as she asked, intrigued.
Addison looked up immediately.
“Huh?” she said, genuinely not knowing what was being asked of her.
“Did you sleep?” Moriah countered again.
Addison’s confused, innocent look gave all the answers.
“Um, nope. I’ve been drawing for the past few minutes.”
Moriah looked toward the clock on the wall. They had been sleeping for two hours!
“A few minutes?! We’ve been asleep for two hours!” she said in shock.
Number one, it meant that they had better get a head start on getting ready to go out on the boat, and number two, Addison hadn’t taken a nap at all.
Addison looked back up. An innocent and worried look crossed her face.
“Oops, guess I forgot to sleep.”
“Hey, it’s okay. Just make sure you don’t fall asleep out on the boat,” Moriah added playfully.
She loved times like this with Addison. It gave her time to relax, rest, and not have to always tell everyone what to do. She had even recently found that Addison was the perfect person for her to go to with her troubles.
Usually, Moriah was the one the rest of the girls ran to, being the one to hug them, let them cry on her shoulder, and tell them, “Hey! It’s okay, we can face this together! I’ve got you.” But sometimes, she needed that for herself.
Although Addison wouldn’t hug her or tell her that she would carry her problems along with her, she could still sit there with her and listen. Her responses would be short but encouraging.
Moriah smiled.
Addison was still buried in her artwork.
And how beautiful that truly was.
Moriah eventually got up and started packing food in the kitchen. Ivery was the first to wake a few minutes later. She got up and tripped immediately. Moriah giggled quietly. Ivery looked clumsily at her, her eyebrows raised in innocence, already panting for breath.
Moriah continued to work but invited her friend to help.
“Hey Ivery, do you want to help me get ready for the lake?”
Ivery nodded.
“Sure!” she said sweetly.
The team got to work, packing all kinds of snacks. Chips, all different flavours for each girl, fruit, chocolate bars, salad, dip, veggie sticks, juice and soda, and sandwiches made specially for each girl.
Moriah had a turkey sub, Alexia had a chicken sandwich, Ivery and Anne both had a tomato and lettuce sandwich, and Addison had a BELT (beef, egg, lettuce, tomato).
Addison was soon enough put to work helping.
The next to wake was Anne, jumping from the couch sweetly and accidentally bumping Alexia’s rocking chair, waking her too. Alexia groaned in protest.
“Oops.” Anne giggled. “Sorry Alexia.”
Alexia stood with a wicked grin on her face.
“I wish I could say the same for you, Annie.”
She roared in her best lion impression before belting out in laughter.
All the friends giggled together.
Anne and Alexia soon got to work helping too.
Then Alexia groaned again with her returning attitude.
“I need food. We haven’t eaten anything all day!”
But Moriah quickly stopped her.
“Hey! We’ll eat on the lake!” she giggled.
Alexia’s groan filled the room again.
Moriah quickly saved all of them from an argument by saying,
“Alexia, why don’t you go up and style all of us the perfect FIRST lake outfits!”
Alexia’s eyes sparkled as she tossed her hair and hip-swayed her way up the stairs.
Moriah swiped her brow and exhaled.
What a lot of work to be so sweet and bossy at the same time.
As the group continued on packing food bags, a call soon echoed down the stairs.
“Addison! Come up here. I need your help!”
Addison looked up from the carrot sticks she had been slicing and looked around.
“Huh, me?”
Moriah smiled and nodded.
Alexia ran down the stairs.
“Addison, come on!”
The two girls together bounded up the stairs.
----------------------------------------------------------
And that is the second snippet!!!!!
thank you!!!
PLEASE comment and tell me what you think! I'm always welcoming anyone to join me here!
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE EXCUSE ANY WRONG PUNCTUATION, SPELLING, FORMAT, OR ANY OTHER MISTAKES YOU MIGHT FIND.
May God bless you on this beautiful Sabbath day! Love to all.
Enislee
Comments
Post a Comment