Back in! New WIP snippet! Story FRIDAY: 1 Pine Lake pt 1

 Hey guys... *casually laughs and tries to join the conversation to not draw attention but inevitably does* 

Ok fr though. Hey! I am back in! And yes I know, I have been gone FOREVER, but hey, at least I am sitting her at my computer, so I still care, right?!

I would like to do a shoutout to Emmy from Emmy's cozy book corner, because I LOVE her Story Saturdays, and took inspiration from it to do a story Friday! So thanks Emmy!

Ok there is still a snippet to share, but first, I would like to announce that the JUMBO post is now off until summer is over. I have WAY too much to do the rest of this summer to then have to worry about a post. But, without further ado, the snippet from my latest WIP, True Love Has No Faults! ---


Chapter One

The road to Pine Lake was bumpy, and the effects of the ride were beginning to catch up with everyone…Moriah Wilson was at the wheel, Annalise (Anne) Spear rode shotgun, and Addison Deven, Alexia Jordan, and Ivery Williams were seated in the back. It was Moriah’s car. It was a gift, given a year ago to her. It was a Tesla, and her dad expected a lot of responsibility to come from Moriah. 

They were on their way to Pine lake, a lake-side condo type summer house that Moriah and her family owned. The girls had decided that they should go and have a vacation week together at the spot. 

Now, music blared from the car, Christian worship songs. As Brandon Lake’s voice filled the interior of the car, everyone yelled out the lyrics to ‘Rest on Us’ from last year’s camp meeting. As the song came to an end, Alexia groaned,

“How much longer? I want to get to the lake!”

She swept her long, layered, blond hair from her eyes. Her red lipstick flashed as she turned her head to the window, and looked uncontrollably bored. Anne tried to cheer her up.

“Hey! Why don’t we play the tape recording! From last summer!”

She squealed with delight as she popped a CD into the car. A muffled crackle started, and then the gentle and methodical strum of a guitar and the sound of group unison sounded out. All five girls were tired. It had been a long day, but when the song built up, not one could hold back the urge to sing out. All closing their eyes, almost whispering, they sang ‘Oceans’, with the same tenderness that they had sung with last year. It was spirit lifting. They continued to sing.

And then, the bumpy, paved, and pot-holed road transitioned to a smooth dirt path. And then all the girls let out a whoop of excitement.

Moriah laughed tiredly.

“Ok! The cabin is up there! Let’s park the car before Annalise decides to jump out!”

Everyone started laughing.

With the car soon parked, everyone popped out of it. Annalise bounded up the stairs. She squealed and hopped up and down, not childlike, but Anne-like. Ivery tried with the same excitement to go up the steps, but instead of leaping up the porch, she tripped. She got up and yelled sweetly,

“I’m OK!”

Everyone laughed.

Once up the steps, both Annalise and Ivery were jumping up and down squealing.

“Everyone grab your bag!” Moriah called out in her fun, sweet way.

Ivery and Anne snatched their bags and ran back up the steps. Moriah joined them. They all giggled as Moriah jangled her keys and unlocked the door. It flew open.

Alexia raced inside and bolted to the couch before crashing down on it. The other three joined her inside, all piling up on the floor laughing.

But there was still someone outside.

Addison.

She stared at the cabin, observing everything about it. The creaking steps of the porch, the fly of the door as it swung too fast on used hinges, and the smell of oak and pine wood and lake water that oozed from the footsteps, as if to say all the people who walked up them had dripping wet shoes when they ran up the steps.

Addison could tell that the whole cabin held memory…

Soon enough, she was inside with the rest of them. They decided to crash and take a nap. It had been a long enough day, but even still, they had hours left to go.

———————————————————————


Ok! And that is all for the week! I am deciding that I will be sharing a snippet every week! Aside from the monthly or *clears throat* used to be monthly post... 😬 hehehheeeeehehhee

P.S. sorry about the small font. It's cuz of the story font size... oops! Anyways! Tell me what you think in the comments!


DISCLAIMER: PLEASE EXCUSE ANY WRONG PUNCTUATION, SPELLING, FORMAT, AND TYPOS! THANK YOU--


Comments

Popular Posts